2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Sunday, January 28, 2007


BlogCrushing: Electroqueer

Every now and then, I fall in love with a blog without them ever knowing...I skulk around their site, clutching a rose and a box of heart-shaped candy, wanting to ask them out but suddenly feeling like the fat girl with braces and bifocals at the prom. (Very Pretty in Pink, very Jon Cryer.) But after a while, I face down the fear and make my blogcrush known. This week, it's time to shout my adoration for Electroqueer from the highest mountaintops. Where else could I find new songs by my favorite artists (like Macy Gray's fabulous, career-restoring new single, "Strange Behaviour") and new bands that leave you salivating (like Ballad Bombs, which sound like 80's-synthy New Order if Morrissey had been on backing vocals). If Electroqueer were an ice cream, I'd stock my refrigerator full. If they were a comfy sweater, I'd buy one in every color.

Labels: , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home