2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Will Democrats Snatch Defeat from the Jaws of Victory?

NOTE: Modern Fabulousity will host our first-ever LIVE CHAT with all readers to track tomorrow night's election results. Stop by, share your stories of voting, tell your best Foley/Haggard/Doogie jokes, and follow the national body count with your fellow ModFabbers! The chat will begin at 9:30pm EST on Tuesday night, right here on the homepage. See you then!

I haven't posted a lot of election stuff, because I've been so nervous. Yes, I know everything looks good for the Democrats. But if there's anything 2000 and 2004 taught me, it's to never underestimate the Republicans. (It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have unlimited funds and no ethics.)

And now, I'm scared my worst fears are coming true. Yesterday's ABC/Washington Post poll showed a strong and serious shift toward the Republicans nationwide. Then the Pew Research Center, generally considered one of the best pollsters in the nation, found an even more aggressive trend toward the right, especially in the Northeast, where most of the Democrats' best hopes for pickups are. Did the scare tactics work? Are people really afraid of Nancy Pelosi? I don't know, but I am worried. One thing is sure: come Wednesday morning, the big story will be how the Republicans 'fought off' the challenge and remained in power. And I HATE that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home