2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

You Tube of the Week: PSB Live!

Due to obligations elsewhere, ModFab missed the Pet Shop Boys at Radio City Music Hall last week, on their first and only U.S. concert tour in my adult life. (I'm not bitter much, Shannon. Much.) Video has sprung up online from the tour (albeit in Toronto), and bloggers have weighed in with a variety of opinions. To me, it looks pretty fabulous...a little reductive simplicity suits Chris Lowe's aesthetic, and the brazen use of color spices up their dour reputation. Here's a list of everything I could find on You Tube; I'm especially partial to "Home and Dry" (seen below), "Where The Streets Have No Name" and "Go West"...which is interesting, since I wouldn't count any of these among my favorite PSB tracks. (For the record, my favorites are non-singles: "Metamorphoses" from Bilingual and "Young Offender" from Very.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home