2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Saturday, September 16, 2006


In Search of Heroes

My recent post about Ann Richards made me think about heroes: those people who have a unique ability to inspire us to be better than we are, who we admire because we hope to see ourselves in their eyes. I don't have many true heroes, and I've wracked my brain thinking for some. Here's what I came up with. Do you have heroes you'd suggest?

Uta Hagen : Pauline Kael : Martin Luther King, Jr. : Tony Kushner : Paul Monette : Toni Morrison : Frank Rich : Ann Richards : Jimmy Somerville : Maxine Waters : Orson Welles : Walt Whitman : and as corny as it may seem, Dennis Blackwell (if you met him, you'd understand why)


Post a Comment

<< Home