2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


Cut and Paste (Your Mind)

If you are under the (mistaken) impression that the blogosphere is a land of rugged individuals marching to the beat of their own drum, allow ModFab to present you with some cold, hard facts: every friggin' gay blog posts the exact same thing, like one enormous damn circular firing squad. It's the thing you learn after your first theme party: it's all been done before. Sigh. Sometimes I think we'd all be better off watching the Fox network.

But since this is the game we play, let me beat the hordes to the NEXT blog groupthink...I got the email link today from the publicists, and I am damn excited by the full trailer for John Cameron Mitchell's Shortbus. But not in the way you think. It may be the movie I've waited my entire life for: talented actors, New York, a great director, romance, multiple orientations, artists, a little sentimentality, sex positivity, and Justin Bond singing the finale. Am I in heaven?
Tags: , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home