2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

Ziegfeld's: End of an Era

In the early 90's, I lived in Washington D.C., spent many of my formative years at Ziegfeld's, the drag-and-stripper paradise that served as one of the few multicultural gay experiences in that city. Today's announcement of its closing, complete with its picture of the house diva Donnell Robinson (aka Ella Fitzgerald), made me tear up a bit. To all the boys and girls who were there with me -- and some of you, like Damion, Tim, Dennis and David, still read this blog -- I hope you will raise a glass with me to the loss of a D.C. institution.
Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home