2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Yell, Scream and Shout: The Original Dreamgirls

Today Nathaniel made my day, my week, my month, and my year by posting footage of the 1982 Tony Awards performance by the original Broadway cast of Dreamgirls. Jennifer Holliday, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Obba Babatunde, Loretta Devine (oh so thin)..."And I Am Tellin' You (I'm Not Going)" performed with such fury, passion and conviction it will embarrass every other actor you've ever seen. (You can also see a much thinner Holliday sing it ten years later, and a much older Sheryl Lee do a medley from the show. God Bless You Tube.)

ModFab's expectations are sky-high for the movie. This will show you why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home