2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, February 10, 2006

 

Morrissey: You Have Killed Me

After a quarter-century in the biz, gay music icon Morrissey hit a career high in 2004 with You Are The Quarry -- a CD I can safely call one of the best rock albums of my lifetime. So it's understandable how eager I am to hear his follow-up Ringleader of the Tormentors, set to be released in April. Today Arjan links to the stream of the first single, "You Have Killed Me", which sent my excited expectations into the stratosphere. The song is instantly memorable, packed with great hooks and Morrissey's trademark melancholy. I've listened to it at least six times. (I'm only crying a teeny bit that Arjan has a preview copy of the entire CD and hasn't slipped me a burned copy or a few e-mailed MP3s. I love Arjan, and I am completely jealous of his industry connectedness.)

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home