2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Kanye vs. Scanner

I've spent most of the day trying to decide which of these two videos I like more: the trailer for Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly, or Kanye West's new single "Touch The Sky." Scanner has sci-fi, Keanu, Downey Jr. and a rocking design. But on the other hand, Kanye has Pamela Anderson, Nia Long, and some truly marvelous Evel Knievel retro. What do you think?

Another video tip: if you haven't seen the trailer for Paul Greengrass' new film, Flight 93, check it out. No movie trailer has disturbed me this much since The Passion of the Christ. I'm not sure how I feel about the politics of it, but Greengrass is a great director with an understanding of the complexities of terrorism. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home