2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

Tapped for the Meme Quiz

Thanks to Jill and Brilliant at Breakfast, I got tapped to do the next installment of the Meme Quiz that's been floating around the blogosphere, where one blogger after another are answering slam-book questions from the 7th grade. And who am I to avoid regressing? At least this time (and unlike in 7th grade), I got picked for the blog equivalent of the kickball team.

Here goes:

If I could be a scientist: I'd be a etymologist, figuring out why the English language is so completely screwed up. (Whadaya mean, cough and bough don't sound alike!?!?)

If I could be a musician: I'm tempted to say I am one; I can play piano reasonably well. But my real dream, like any white gay boy, is to be a soul singer...Marvin Gaye, Bill Withers, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding, Maxwell, D'Angelo. I'd happily give up a body part to be any of them for a week.

If I could be a doctor: Blood makes me queasy, and being a psychologist sounds like hell. How about a doctor of philosophy? I can do Heidegger with the best of them.

If I could be a painter: So, so, so many to choose from. For landscapes, Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot or Asher Durand; for figures, Jacques-Louis David or Amadeo Modigliani; for drama, Caravaggio and Georges de la Tour. I'm an enormous fan of Paul Cadmus, and I love Ray Caesar, Sas Christian, and the graphic novels of Jose Villarrubia. Don't even get me started on gay painters or photography (my real loves).

If I could be an innkeeper: I'd either have a funky little B&B on the island of St. John, or run mega-hotels like Trump. Nothing in between...too much work.

And now to pass it on: I'm tagging the blogmasters Nick, Nat, and Tim. If they respond favorably, they'll carry this blog chain letter one more step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home