2007 Verve Awards

2006 Verve Awards


Best Arts and Culture Blog 2005 Queer Day Awards

Best Gay Blog Nominee 2004 Weblog Awards

Best Arts and Culture Blog Nominee

Friday, November 05, 2004

 

Looking For Someone To Blame

And Big Media is pretty evenly split in who they're blaming: the gays, the blogs, or the Democratic operatives themselves. Pundits and formerly hopefuly campaign officials are now hunting book deals, so it's going to get ugly very quickly. I'll be glad when we get to more important topics...like what we're all supposed to do next, as Bush vows to decimate Social Security.

Corrente's already looking forward...what will motivate the conservative homophobic base in 2008? I shudder to think. Fact-esque points out that "conservative, values-minded Christians aren't looking for validation. They're looking for specific policy outcomes that their strongly-held beliefs entail...." Expect gay-baiting to become a regular and consistent part of the national discourse. And unlike others seeking people to blame, I don't think it's this man's fault. Blaming him is nothing but a capitulation to fear.

Political Wire has an interesting feature on the 2008 candidate possibilities. If you're in the mood, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the following candidates he names, so please post in the comments below:

Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN)
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
Former Sen. John Edwards (D-NC)
Gov. Rod Blagojevich (IL)
Gov. Tom Vilsack (IA)

I wanted Bayh to run this year (in 2004), so my early vote is for him. (I love Hillary, but given what we've just see in the red states, she doesn't have a prayer. I also love Edwards -- he was my primary pick -- but he'll have the stench of loss on him now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home